关闭广告
晋江论坛网友交流区读书心得区
主题:Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella [5]
收藏该贴
已收藏
只看楼主
     This doesn’t really count as a romance novel but it’s super sweet. In first person narration Becky Bloomwood is a financial journalist bored at her job. Her biggest obstacle is overcoming her huge amount of debt, which is worsened by her addiction to shopping. Luke Brandon is her love interest. What I liked most about this book is that it doesn’t portray the woman as a weakling who needs to be rescued by a rich and powerful man. Although Luke Brandon is a millionaire with a 200 IQ, Becky never stooped so low as to asked for help from him. She earned her money through her own hardwork and creativity. This book exemplified my ideal that you don’t need a man to be complete; women can be successful on their own. In addition,although the readers at first despise Becky’s lack of self control, we come to love her as a down to earth girl. She never goes againsst her conscience and does something morally wrong or hurtful to her friends. She is a decent human being that deserves the good life that she has created.
      I would recommend this book to anyone looking for down to earth romance without too much mushy details.
№0 ☆☆☆Pong Piper 2004-06-15 12:19:27留言☆☆☆  加书签 投诉 不再看TA

definately going to check it out, sounds so sex and the city... and I guess there is a shopaholic in every girl...
№1 ☆☆☆lisasurf2004-06-15 13:39:13留言☆☆☆ 
投诉 加书签 引用 不再看TA

If you like strong women characters than I would recommend Family Trust by Amanda Brown. She also wrote Legally Blonde. The main character, Becca, is somewhat a superwoman, which makes a change from the "Bridget Jones" stereotype you get in chick lits.
I love Luke!!!
Have you read the other two from the series?
№2 ☆☆☆Elessar2004-06-15 23:13:24留言☆☆☆ 
投诉 加书签 引用 不再看TA

not yet, but I’m going to
№3 ☆☆☆Pong Piper2004-06-16 01:58:29留言☆☆☆ 
投诉 加书签 引用 不再看TA

sounds interesting
№4 ☆☆☆12342004-06-19 10:43:46留言☆☆☆ 
投诉 加书签 引用 不再看TA

I bought all the shopaholic series, total three so far, but a new one seems going to be published. Another book is ’Can you keep a secret’ which I think not as good as the shopaholic series. I really like this series, the book is so funny and real. You can feel that the story just happened around you. And if u want to know UK better, u should definitely read this book.
№5 ☆☆☆serendipit2004-06-19 16:19:17留言☆☆☆ 
投诉 加书签 引用 不再看TA

回复此贴子

名字:
选择图案:
内容:
(注意:一次最多可提交3000字,且一次最多可提交三张尺寸在1024*1024范围内的图片,超出部分请分次提交!)
图片链接:
(贴图规则)

返回上层 管理 返回本版块首页返回交流区首页返回主页

只看楼主